Additional Compensation and Benefits
401k, Benefits, Continuing Education, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, PTO
COMMERCIAL UNDERGROUND UTILITY ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER
We are a commercial underground utility contractor in the Denver Front Range area. The Estimator/Project Manager position will require previous experience with estimating commercial utility projects from $50,000 to $3,000,000 in size. Prior field experience is preferred and will be given additional consideration for this position. Project management experience is preferred but not required.
Our customers are General Contractors, Developers and some Owners. We build a variety of projects ranging from offices, industrial buildings, warehouses, apartments and schools for both private and publicly funded projects.
This position is a key position in the Estimating department and will also work with the Operations group to provide competitive and timely project estimates, acquire and manage projects, organize and attend project meetings both with customers and internally with the Company project team, communicate project schedules, RFI’s, change orders, budgets, start up and closeout documents and other project related information to ensure the project is running smoothly and efficiently for the Company, the Company subcontractors and the Customer.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship building skills, excellent organization and communication, and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks on time.
Education and Experience
• Construction field experience is preferred but not required
• Construction Management degree preferred but not required
• Previous commercial utility Estimating/Project Management experience is required (a minimum of 3 years)
• Identify bidding opportunities and submit competitive and timely bid proposals.
• Ensure work is completed in conformance with project drawings and specifications.
• Work with the Field and Office to manage project costs to assure that budgets are maintained.
• Work with the Field Supervisors to communicate project information to the Company and the Customer.
• Assist in managing changes in the work to include processing and verifying change order work for the project.
• Coordinate project documents (RFI’s, submittals, drawings, purchase orders, change orders, warranty documents, as-builts and other project documents) and monitor timely turn-around on these items.
• Support the Field Supervisors and other Company team members to communicate and verify the overall project schedule.
• Foresee potential problems and organize the team to avoid/resolve issues before they impact the project(s).
• Assist the Company team members to avoid common project problems and maintain good business relationships and outcomes with the Customers.
• Conduct and document project progress meetings with the Company team members.
• Attend project progress meetings as required with both Company and Customer team members.
• Assist in completion of project specific requirements as requested by the Operations and Estimating staff.
Skills & Abilities
• Advanced computer skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Experience with Bid2Win or other estimating software
• Experience with Bluebeam and/or other takeoff software
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking and planning skills
OE Construction is a Civil Construction Contractor located in Golden, CO (earthwork and underground utilities). We focus on commercial construction projects throughout the state. Check out the web site at: www.oeconstruct.com for more information.
EMPLOYERS: Do you have a position available you’d like to share with our readers? Contact us to find out how!